– Super Heroes for autism were out and in full force on April 9th at the FSU Autism Institute’s Annual 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run fundraiser and community event! Over 500 Super Heroes showed up to participate, raise funds, and bring autism awareness to our community. We are so appreciative to the sponsors, volunteers, and families who were able to join us. It is a privilege to serve our community to try to help make everyday a “superhero” day for our clients.
– We would like to send an extra special thank you to Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins for hosting a fundraising campaign for FSU CARD the week leading up to the 5K in each of the seven Tallahassee area stores. They raised over $6,000 through their in-store efforts. Wow!!
– A huge thank you is also in order for our friends at Dance Fusion Studios of Tallahassee. On April 13th, they hosted a Night of Dance in support of Autism Awareness month and FSU CARD. The dancers were incredible and the turnout was great! This is an annual event hosted by Dance Fusion and we are very grateful for their support!
– Come join us at our annual Summer Training Institute on Autism! The dates are June 20, 21, & 22 in Tallahassee at the beautiful Goodwood Museum & Gardens. Topics this year will be Instructional Technology, Mathematics Instruction, and Access to the General Curriculum. This is a power-packed three days of learning! For more information follow the links below.
More information >>
Scholarship Funding information >>
– FSU CARD, PEPSA and the Autism Society of the Emerald Coast are hosting a great training on Saturday, May 14th in Crestview, FL. Mr. John Miller will present ‘Building a Bridge Towards Success: Supporting Students with High Functioning Autism.’ The training is free and open to the first 140 participants.
View Flyer >>
Visit our website often for more training information and upcoming events.
Lindee Morgan, PhD
Director, FSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities