CARD is pleased to recommend the following training material:
- About Autism in Toddlers
About Autism in Toddlers is a tool for families, professionals, or anyone interested in learning about autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It is available free of charge. Just register and sign in. You will learn about:
– the core diagnostic features of autism,
– the critical importance of early detection and early intervention, and
– current information on prevalence and causes of autism.
- Administrators Guide to Educational Programming for Students with Autism
This guide provides materials associated with a training module and validated classroom assessment tool that will assist you in addressing the educational needs of students on the autism spectrum who attend your school in both general education and special education classrooms.
- Preventing Seclusion and Restraint for Students with ASD
The CARD centers have produced a training module for educators on Preventing Seclusion and Restraint for Students with ASD at the request of the FDOE. This module teaches the foundational skills for positive behavior support and setting students up for success. It takes about 1.5 hours to complete and will provide a certificate of completion to those passing the quiz with 75 percent or above. To register, visit http://usf.adobeconnect.com/sr_reg/event/registration.html.